- The Holy Spirit mediates between illusions and the truth. Since He must bridge the gap between reality and dreams, perception leads to knowledge through the grace that God has given Him, to be His gift to everyone who turns to Him for truth. Across the bridge that He provides are dreams all carried to the truth, to be dispelled before the light of knowledge. There are sights and sounds forever laid aside. And where they were perceived before, forgiveness has made possible perception’s tranquil end.
- The goal the Holy Spirit’s teaching sets is just this end of dreams. For sights and sounds must be translated from the witnesses of fear to those of love. And when this is entirely accomplished, learning has achieved the only goal it has in truth. For learning, as the Holy Spirit guides it to the outcome He perceives for it, becomes the means to go beyond itself, to be replaced by the Eternal Truth.
- If you but knew how much your Father yearns to have you recognize your sinlessness, you would not let His Voice appeal in vain, nor turn away from His replacement for the fearful images and dreams you made. The Holy Spirit understands the means you made, by which you would attain what is forever unattainable. And if you offer them to Him, He will employ the means you made for exile to restore your mind to where it truly is at home.
- From knowledge, where He has been placed by God, the Holy Spirit calls to you, to let forgiveness rest upon your dreams, and be restored to sanity and peace of mind. Without forgiveness will your dreams remain to terrify you. And the memory of all your Father’s Love will not return to signify the end of dreams has come.
- Accept your Father’s gift. It is a call from Love to Love that It be but Itself. The Holy Spirit is His gift, by which the quietness of Heaven is restored to God’s beloved Son. Would you refuse to take the function of completing God, when all He wills is that you be complete?
The question I would have posed is: “Who is Holy Spirit?” I never think of “what” is Holy Spirit. However, I am not going to quibble with the Course about this! Holy Spirit bridges the gap between our nightmare here in separation and reality so that what we perceive here in the separated world leads to actual knowledge of God. This is Holy Spirit’s gift to everyone. He carries all our dreams to truth; there He dispels our dreams before the light of knowledge. That is when we can finally give them up when we know the truth. There are sight and sound no longer the least bit necessary. This could be a bit of a worry to me, for it is hard to imagine not needing our perceptions, but here Jesus assures us that forgiveness has brought perception to a tranquil end. Although it is not hard for me to imagine not needing eyes and ears and sense of touch in the spirit, for there would be no need for them in the spiritual domain.
Here Jesus says that the sights and sounds that we perceived here will be translated to perceptions of love. When this has been achieved, learning has achieved the only goal it has in truth. It is in learning what the Holy Spirit accomplishes that becomes the means to be replaced by Eternal Truth. Whatever that is. I would rather have Eternal Truth than lies and illusion.
I remember when God first spoke to my heart and told me that I was sinless in His eyes. I cried with joy. Waves of relief and glory flooded my being! I never want to go back to thinking that I am a mess and beyond redemption and let the stupid ego trick me into thinking I was just a sinful bag of bones, an all-around worthless person.
On first reading, I did not understand what the lesson is speaking of when it says Holy Spirit understands the means that we made to attain what is forever unattainable and make them the means of return to our home. I didn’t get it at first, but now I realize that what Jesus is saying that Holy Spirit will take every single thing we ever did and use it for a learning tool to bring us home. Nothing is a sin. Nothing is sorrow. Nothing is unforgivable or able to keep us from God’s Love – we made that up, it is forever unattainable. We will never escape God’s Love, and Holy Spirit takes everything we did to prove we are unworthy of God’s love, use it as a learning experience, and let it teach us how much we love God so we return to Him for our mutual completion.
Holy Spirit lives in knowledge where He has been placed by God, and He calls to us, to let forgiveness rest upon our dreams and restoring sanity and peace of mind to us. I can feel this happening to me. I can watch this happen to me, to the special relationships in my life that I have dedicated to holiness. Jesus says that without forgiveness, my dreams would terrify me, and isn’t that the case? I hate the stupid and mean things that I have done; they would come back to haunt me and make me squirm with shame. But forgiveness restores my sanity and peace of mind! Until I accept forgiveness and offer forgiveness, my Father’s Love would not return to my mind to bring the end of the illusions and the burden of guilt.
Jesus says to
accept our Father’s gift. It is Love
calling to Love, that It be but what it really is, Itself. Holy Spirit is God’s gift to us; Holy Spirit
restores the quietness of Heaven to us, God’s Sons. Let us not refuse our completion in God, for
this is God’s Will.
 A Course In Miracles, Workbook for Students, 7. What is the…Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition, p. 436