II. FINAL LESSONS
- Our final lessons will be left as free of words as possible. We use them but at the beginning of our practicing, and only to remind us that we seek to go beyond them. Let us turn to Him Who leads the way and makes our footsteps sure. To Him we leave these lessons, as to Him we give our lives henceforth. For we would not return again to the belief in sin that made the world seem ugly and unsafe, attacking and destroying, dangerous in all its ways, and treacherous beyond the hope of trust and the escape from pain.
- His is the only way to find the peace that God has given us. It is His way that everyone must travel in the end, because it is this ending God Himself appointed. In the dream of time it seems to be far off. And yet, in truth, it is already here; already serving us as gracious guidance in the way to go. Let us together follow in the way that truth points out to us. And let us be the leaders of our many brothers who are seeking for the way but find it not.
- And to this purpose let us dedicate our minds, directing all of our thoughts to serve the function of salvation. Unto us the aim is given to forgive the world. It is the goal that God has given us. It is His ending to the dream we seek, and not our own. For all that we forgive we will not fail to recognize as part of God Himself. And thus His memory is given back, completely and complete.
- It is our function to remember Him on earth, as it is given us to be His Own completion in reality. So let us not forget our goal is shared, for it that remembrance which contains the memory of God and points the way to Him and to the Heaven of His peace. And shall we not forgive our brother, who can offer this to us? He is the way, the truth and life that shows the way to us. In him resides salvation, offered us through forgiveness, given unto him.
- We will not end this year without the gift our Father promised to His Holy Son. We are forgiven now. And we are saved from all the wrath we thought belonged to God, and found it was a dream. We are restored to sanity, in which we understand that anger is insane, attack is mad, and vengeance merely foolish fantasy. We have been saved from wrath because we learned we were mistaken. Nothing more than that. And is a father angry at his son because he failed to understand the truth?
- We come in honesty to God and say we did not understand and ask Him to help us to learn His Lessons, through the Voice of His Own Teacher. Would He hurt His Son? Or would He rush to answer him and say, “This is My Son, and all I have is his?” Be certain He will answer thus, for these are His Own Words to you. And more than that can no one ever have, for in these Words is all there is, and all that there will be throughout all time and in eternity.
We seek to go beyond words and into reality and knowledge, requiring no symbolism. As we turn our hearts and minds to God, we dedicate our lives – it is our Father then who leads the way and give us certainty. We no longer need lessons, we no longer need instruction, we have left the illusions of the world behind to find the peace that God alone can give.
This is the way that everyone will travel eventually, because God would never lose his Creation or abandon His Sons. While we are in time, our everlasting spirits cocooned in flesh and blood bodies, our return to God may seem to be a far off, future event, but in timelessness it has already happened. Our journey is finished; we are complete in God as God is complete in us.
For those of us who have this certainty, we are called to blaze a trail, to be teachers, to lead others who have opened their eyes to the triviality of the world made of ego; the nothingness of separation, the cyclical nature of chaos, fear, and dismay. God will send to us those who are ready for this path. It is not the only path to God, but it is a good one, for it teaches us that sinlessness and purity is our God-given nature and promotes the true meaning of salvation as being delivered from false identity in the ego made manifest in flesh and finding our real Identity in Christ, as God’s Son. This is a beautiful clarification that soothes and heals the wounded spirits of many followers of Christ who, caught up in traditional dogmas, engage in practices that make them beggars and grovelers before the throne of God.
Today we are asked to devote our minds and direct our thoughts to serve the function of salvation. As Sons of God, we are called to forgive the world gone astray and, in this way, be free of it. As long as we hold grudges, partake in vengeances, cherish our wounds, and hold tight to the world’s sorrows, we keep the sad cycle of separation spinning in time. God has given us a holy function; so it is not impossible. We are not called to hang on a cross or go out and badger people to get saved. We are called to forgive. We stop participating in the fear, hatred, sorrow, and shame. This is the ending to the illusion of madness, for when we forgive it, we will recognize the incredible – God Himself reveals Himself to us in all His glory.
The world we made would have us forget God, to exchange Christ for Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and our particular church or religious denomination. Yet Christ returns in us to complete Himself through us. Christ returns to us is through our brothers – for we all point the way to the truth and the life which lights the way to God. It is in each other we find salvation through forgiveness. To return to God, we must forgive one another for in this way we save ourselves.
When we started our studies, we thought it was God’s wrath in which we sought to save ourselves. However, we learned through our study this year, that our Loving Father has no wrath. We find the wrath of God was all part of the dream of separation – we know now that anger is silly, attack makes no sense, and vengeance is stupid. We have been saved from madness because we learned it was all a mistake and nothing more. What loving father could hold a bad dream against his beloved son? What loving father would torment his son forever for a basic lack of understanding, for going down a wrong path, for choosing unwisely? What kind of God, we asked ourselves, would demand our blood and sacrifice and tell us to annihilate our enemies? We know now a primitive and unholy people made up a primitive and unholy God. Jesus came to establish Himself in our hearts, to set up His Kingdom, to restore our memory of our Creator, our Father, our Sonship. He, Who turned the water into wine, turns our dreary separation into jubilant reunion as we find our Selves through Him.
All that God has, He bestows upon us. These are His Own Words to us. In these Words, is all there is in time and throughout eternity. We are His and He is ours. Let us take the remaining five days of 2019 and meditate upon this holy prayer, as we ask the Holy Spirit to direct us each morning and evening:
LESSON 361 to 365
This holy instant would I give to You. Be You in charge. For I would follow You, Certain that Your direction gives me peace.
- And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge of my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son. 
 A Course in Miracles, Workbook for Students, Final Lessons, Introduction…Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition, p. 485-486.
 A Course in Miracles, Workbook for Students, Lesson 361-365 This holy instant…Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition, p. 486