Part 2. Section 3: What is the World?
- The world is false perception. It is born of error, and it has not left its source. It will remain no longer than the thought that gave it birth is cherished. When the thought of separation has been changed to one of true forgiveness, will the world be seen in quite another light, and one which leads to truth, where all the world must disappear, and all its errors vanish. Now its source has gone, and its effects are gone as well.
- The world was made as an attack on God. It symbolizes fear. And what is fear except love’s absence? Thus the world was meant to be a place where God could enter not, and where His Son could be apart from Him. Here was perception born, for knowledge could not cause such insane thoughts. But eyes deceive, and ears hear falsely. Now mistakes become quite possible, for certainty has gone.
- The mechanisms of illusion have been born instead. And now they go to find what has been given them to seek. Their aim is to fulfill the purpose which the world was made to witness and make real. They see in its illusions but a solid base where truth exists, upheld apart from lies. Yet everything that they report is but illusion which is kept apart from truth.
- As sight was made to lead away from truth, it can be redirected. Sounds become the call of God, and all perception can be given a new purpose by the One Whom God appointed Savior to the world. Follow His Light and see the world as He beholds it. Hear His Voice alone in all that speaks to you. And let Him give you peace and certainty, which you have thrown away, but Heaven has preserved for you in Him.
- Let us not rest content until the world has joined our changed perception. Let us not be satisfied until forgiveness has been made complete. And let us not attempt to change our function. We must save the world. For we who made it must behold it through the eyes of Christ, that what was made to die can be restored to everlasting life.
Prayer and Meditation
Dear Father, Redirect our sight, and lead us to truth. Let all sounds be a call to God; let all perception be given a new purpose in Christ, our Lord and Savior. Let us follow the Light of Christ and give us His vision. We want to hear only His Words so that peace and certainty is ours again. Complete the work of forgiveness in us. O Father. Give us holy minds that understand our Course, that do not resist Your Truth. Save the world through us as we stand with Christ, that we may see all that was made for death and despair be given everlasting life and joy and love.
Today we lift our hearts and minds to You. We surrender the ego and all its insinuating calls for our allegiance, attention, and love and put them down before You. We no longer need its false protection, the meager, solitary, selfish defenses that lead to isolation, despair, and death. Give us the courage, the intelligence, the truth, so that we may place our trust entirely in You to stand with Christ and restore the world to everlasting life.
In the name of Jesus, with whom we are one. Amen.
 A Course in Miracles. Workbook for Students. Part 2:3 What is the world. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
Audio credit: The Friar Patch @ http://www.eckiefriar.com