II. SECTION 9. What is the Second Coming?
- Christ’s Second Coming, which is as sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes, and the return of sanity. It is a part of the condition that restores the never lost and re-establishes what is forever and forever true. It is the invitation to God’s Word to take illusion’s place, the willingness to let forgiveness rest upon all things without exception and without reserve.
- It is the all-inclusive nature of Christ’s Second Coming that permits it to embrace the world and hold you safe within its gentle advent, which encompasses all living things with you. There is no end to the release the Second Coming brings, as God’s creation must be limitless. Forgiveness lights the Second Coming’s way because it shines on everything as one. And thus is oneness recognized at last.
- The Second Coming ends the lessons that the Holy Spirit teaches, making way for the Last Judgment, in which learning ends in one last summary that will extend beyond itself, and reaches up to God. The Second Coming is the time in which all minds are given to the hands of Christ, to be returned to spirit in the name of true creation and the Will of God.
- The Second Coming is the one event in time which time itself can not affect. For every one who ever came to die, or yet will come or who is present now, is equally released from what he made. In this equality is Christ restored as one Identity, in which the Sons of God acknowledge that they all are one. And God the Father smiles upon His Son, His one creation and His only joy.
- Pray that the Second Coming will be soon, but do not rest with that. It needs your eyes and ears and hands and feet. It needs your voice. And most of all, it needs your willingness. Let us rejoice that we can do God’s Will and join together in its holy light. Behold, the Son of God is one in us, and we can reach our Father’s Love through Him.
While our Christian doctrines have made the Second Coming of Christ something to be dreaded, something to worry about, something to gnaw upon our insecurities, uncertainties, and false guilt and shame, in Part II, Section Nine we are introduced to the true meaning of the Second Coming of Christ. In paragraph four of our introduction today Jesus says that every one of us who came here to suffer death, the ones who have seemed to already die, the ones who are dying at the present moment, and the ones who will die in the future – will, at the Second Coming of Christ, be equally released from his false identity and restored to his true identity in Christ. Every single one of us will acknowledge our oneness in Him! The Second Coming of Christ is not affected by time, it is not the event which we may have been misled to believe. Nobody will be left behind to wonder what they may have done or said that got them on the not-nice/too naughty list.
The Second Coming of Christ is what happens in each and every one of our lives as we come to realize our Sonship with God, our unity in Christ, our oneness with all of Creation. Our school days are done when Christ comes again, and the Sonship is reestablished in our hearts. The way is prepared for the last and final judgment in which all of our learning will be summarized, our mistakes corrected, our minds, once and for all time, restored to the wholeness and holiness, the innocence and purity of Love, our Source, our Father, our Creator, and King.
There is gentleness, there is safety, there is the warm embrace because this is the all-inclusive nature of Christ. Nobody and nothing is left behind imprisoned by the fearsome lies and violent ruses of the separation. That which was in part, becomes whole. All dread is gone. There are no guilt trips to be inflicted upon anyone. There is no groveling and pleading with God to reconsider and take this one or that one because you love them so. There is no weeping and gnashing of teeth – for the Second Coming of Christ includes all of God’s Creation and leaves all that is not of His creation to wither away into the nothingness in which it was fabricated.
Today we pray for the Second Coming of Christ. We give our eyes and ears and hands and feet to the Second Coming of Christ. We give our voice. We give our talents. We give our willingness. The Second Coming of Christ takes place in our hearts when we invite Him in to restore our minds to sanity, to truth, to the certainty of God’s Will for the salvation and oneness of all. The Son of God becomes us – we reach our Father’s Love through Him. This, dear brothers, is the Second Coming of Christ. Ask the Father to shine His holy light into your mind and heart and be awoke to this beautiful truth.
 A Course In Miracles. Workbook for Students. Part II: 9. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992). p. 449.
Audio credit: the friar patch @ www.eckiefriar.com