II. SECTION 10. What is the Last Judgment?
- Christ’s Second Coming gives the Son of God this gift: To hear the Voice for God proclaim that what is false is false and what is true has never changed. And this the judgment is in which perception ends. At first you see a world that has accepted this as true, projected from a now corrected mind. And with this holy sight, perception gives a silent blessing and then disappears, its goal accomplished, and its mission done.
- The Final Judgment on the world contains no condemnation. For it sees the world as totally forgiven, without sin, and wholly purposeless. Without a cause, and now without a function in Christ’s sight, it merely slips away to nothingness. There it was born, and there it ends as well. And all the figures of the dream in which the world began go with it. Bodies now are useless, and will therefore fade away, because the Son of God is limitless.
- You who believed that God’s Last Judgment would condemn the world to hell along with you, accept this holy truth: God’s Judgment is the gift of Correction He bestowed on all your errors, freeing you from them, and all effects they ever seemed to have. To fear God’s saving grace is but to fear complete release from suffering, return to peace, security and happiness, and union with your own Identity.
- God’s Final Judgment is as merciful as every step in His appointed plan to bless His Son and call him to return to the eternal peace He shares with him. Be not afraid of love. For it alone can heal all sorrow, wipe away all tears, and gently waken from his dream of pain the Son whom God acknowledges as His. Be not afraid of this. Salvation asks you give it welcome. And the world awaits your glad acceptance, which will set it free.
- This is God’s Final Judgment: “You are still My holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving, and forever loved, as limitless as your Creator, and completely changeless and forever pure. Therefore awaken and return to Me. I am your Father and you are My Son.
When Christ is awakened within, we learn to recognize the Voice for God. We remember who and what we are. We are spirit, we are holy, we are like God for He made us as His Son. No matter the extent to which the dark shadow has obscured our true identity from us, no matter how convinced we were that we were the bodies which symbolize separation – we are as God created us. This is the final judgment.
Jesus encourages us to forget all the frightful images which the ego has perverted this most blessed event. There is no gloom and doom! The ego’s deception is no more. We are free of its false images. We no longer see the world through flesh eyes which are programmed to see the twisted, upside-down version of reality that separation would have us fear. We see through the eyes of Christ. The world of flesh and blood, of destruction and death has served its purpose. Its dream of opposites has taught us all we need to know. We bless it for teaching us what we needed to know and now the final judgment washes it completely away to tempt and trouble us no more.
In God’s Creation we are not separate beings with our own bits and shards of truth perceiving that we are all separate, warring versions of reality. We are one. We have no more need of opinions. We have no more need for postulations. We have no more need to indoctrinate ourselves in this teaching or that. All perceptions that gave us our feelings of worth, of knowing more than others, of having an edge – we kiss those divisive, trite, and utterly meaningless ideas goodbye. We know the truth – we have no need for such foolishness. We are one.
No condemnation, destruction, and terror – the world as we know it simply slips away into nothingness. No matter how hard it works to make itself look real, to torment us with its bleak forecasts, we have made the Final Judgment. It was only a dream, a demented idea that had lifted itself up as truth, that had splintered off from the whole. And it is over! We believe the lie no more.
The ego has twisted the truth of the last judgment and has convinced us to fear it, to delay it, to put it off for future generations to face. The ego would have us continue to dream its lies of God’s wrath, His terrible spite, and unholy vengeance. As we come to know God, we see Him as our loving Father who awaits our awakening with open arms, Who would never and could never burn, whip, or blow up His beloved Son.
The Last Judgment is when we awaken to our Father’s Voice saying: “All that I am and all that I have is yours, My Beloved.” To fear Him is to fear our saving grace, to fear the end of suffering, to fear Love. Do not be afraid of God’s Judgment – it is final because it is over – our guilt and sorrow – over, the stupor and confusion of the world – over.
God’s last Judgment is our last judgment: We are still His holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving, forever loved. Instead of darkness, we choose light. Instead of fearing God, we choose loving Him. The lies and its effects simply fade away for truth has no enemy. We are as limitless as our Creator, completely changeless and forever pure. God has not declared war on His Creation; God has declared His abiding Love.
In this section of our Course we will have ten daily lessons which train our minds to get past the fear and dismay which has muddied our conceptual understanding of the Last Judgment. Continue to set aside time each day for your holy practice and be vigilant. Ask the Lord to remove all obstacles to your understanding. The ego will work overtime during these next ten days especially to muddy our consciousness with the outside world and demands of the flesh. The Last Judgment is the ego’s last chance to continue to enchant and keep your mind engaged in the dream of separation. This is the ego’s last chance before its lies and delusions are brought to their source. It is best practice to pray the Lord’s prayer daily to avoid the temptation of the dramas, traumas, and constant to-do lists of our daily lives, which are purposefully designed to keep us from our holy habit.
Do not be afraid, Jesus tells us. The Last Judgment is God’s correction of all that would lift itself up as truth and keep us asleep in the shadowland of lies. The Last Judgment is our final journey as we awaken in Him.
  A Course In Miracles. Workbook for Students. Section 10. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992). p. 455.
Audio credit: the friar patch @ www.eckiefriar.com