- I am God’s Son, complete and healed and whole, shining in the reflection of His Love. In me is His creation sanctified and guaranteed eternal life. In me is love perfected, fear impossible, and joy established without opposite. I am the holy home of God Himself. I am the Heaven where His Love resides. I am His holy sinlessness Itself, for in my purity abides His Own.
- Our use for words is almost over now. Yet in the final days of this one year we gave to God together, you and I, we found a single purpose that we shared. And thus you joined with me, so what I am are you as well. The truth of what we are is not for words to speak of nor describe. Yet we can realize our function here, and words can speak of this and teach it, too, if we exemplify the words in us.
- We are the bringers of salvation. We accept our part as saviors of the world, which through our joint forgiveness is redeemed. And this, our gift, is therefore given us. We look on everyone as brother and perceive all things as kindly and as good. We do not seek a function that is past the gate of Heaven. Knowledge will return when we have done our part. We are concerned only with giving welcome to the truth.
- Ours are the eyes through which Christ’s vision sees a world redeemed from every thought of sin. Ours are the ears that hear the Voice for God proclaim the world as sinless. Ours the minds that join together as we bless the world. And from the oneness that we have attained we call to all our brothers, asking them to share our peace and consummate our joy.
- We are the holy messengers of God who speak for Him and carrying His Word to everyone whom He has sent to us, we learn that it is written on our hearts. And thus our minds are changed about the aim for which we came, and which we seek to serve. We bring glad tidings to the Son of God, who thought he suffered. Now is he redeemed. And as he sees the gate of Heaven stand open before him, he will enter in and disappear into the Heart of God.
Dear brothers, as we near the end of our yearly lessons, we accept our place in the Sonship of God. In the introduction to Part Two, Section 14, Jesus responds to the question we ask, “What am I?” clearly and concisely:
- We are Sons of God.
- We are complete, healed, and whole.
- We glow in the reflection of our Father’s Love.
- Creation is blessed and eternal through our devotion.
- In us, Love is perfected.
- We are fearless.
- We are so joyful that there is no room for anything but joy.
- We are the holy home of God who abides in us and works through us.
- We are the Heaven where His Love lives out through us.
- We are bringers of salvation.
- We are the eyes and ears which reflect Christ’s vision and hear the Voice for God.
- We are the holy messengers of God.
- We are sinless, for God, our Creator is sinless.
- We are pure because God is pure.
This is the truth about us. God wrote it upon our innermost Being. Beyond the shadow of the ego-deceived mind, stands the truth about who and what we are. We know the Love of God; we are the Love of God. When we give to receive the miracle of God’s grace and accept it by faith into our hearts and minds, we are cleansed of all that would keep us apart, for we are joined – what I am you are; what you are, am I! What we are is what Christ is, for we are one.
In our next ten lessons, keep in mind that we are learning about who and what we are in Christ. Here in the world our bodies and the egos which they symbolize define us – the color of our skin, our genitals, our sexual preferences, our names, age, race, our personality quirks, country of origin, jobs and professions, our handicaps and health – you name it, the world is ready to sort and organize us into every category it can come up with to keep us from asking the real question: “What am I, really?”
In paragraph three, sentence five, we are reminded that we do not seek a function past the gate of Heaven. This Course is only concerned with reminding us of who and what we are so that we can go home. It takes us to the entrance, and it is there, we enter in and become one with God, because we have accepted the truth about ourselves.
We are not separate flesh bodies; we are Spirit, and we are one. We no longer believe in the power of sin, shame, and sickness to keep us from God, to keep us apart, to hinder our journey. We no longer believe that some are loved, and others despised. We look upon Creation with God’s mercy, His peace and joy. We correct instead of condemn; we bless instead of curse. We have changed our mind about serving our egos and now we serve God! We spread the glad tidings of comfort and joy because it is our privilege as God’s Son to stand with Christ, to be one with Him, to establish the Second Coming of Christ in our hearts and minds and do our part to save the world.
 A Course in Miracles. Workbook for Students. Part II:14. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992). p. 479.
Audio credit: http://www.eckiefriar.com
Photo credit: http://www.godtv.com