LESSON 361 to 365
This holy instant would I give to You. Be You in charge. For I would follow You, certain that Your direction gives me peace.
- And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge by my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.
This past year we have learned to put God in charge – every day as we came to our devotional practice, the minutes, the hours, any amount of time that we spent seeking God, became holy instants as we came to know God as Father and ourselves as His Son. We have completed our workbook lessons for each day of the year. Some days our lessons put a song in our heart; and other days – not so much. When we got discouraged, we stayed with it no matter what because we asked for truth, and this was God’s certain response.
No matter what the world has seemed to suffer, no matter the toll we have seemed to pay in our personal or professional lives – we know one thing with certainty – God is in charge by our request. We know that He takes our calls; we know that He responds to our prayers. No matter how much we try to intellectualize it; no matter how difficult it may be for us to wrap our mind around the logic – when we ask Christ to come to us and reunite us with our true Identity in Him, Christ is formed in us; Christ becomes us as we become Him. We are God’s Holy Son even as Christ is the Son of God.
Our life in separation is over. We are no longer here to snot and cry about the troublesome situations that seem to plague the would-be world. We are no longer here to strive for our fair share of the pie before it is snatched up by someone else. We are no longer here to prove that we are worthy, that we mean something, that we are special while others are not. We let go of the lunacy, the dog-eat-dog aspect of survival, and we step into our perfection in Christ.
For those who want to steal our joy, mock our salvation, and deny us God’s mercy – we stand with Christ, we forgive them! Because sooner or later, they too will awaken. Salvation is not salvation for the few, but for all. When we ask the God in us to be in charge, we remain in time only to restore sanity, to unify rather than divide, to offer God’s peace and mercy rather than judgment and condemnation.
As 2020 draws to an end, let us join in spirit and rejoice in our Sonship. God has answered our heart’s cry; God has responded to our yearning for truth – God is in charge!
Thank you, dear brothers, for walking this path with me, for teaching me and inviting me to teach you. Alone, we falter, fumble, and fail. Together we walk to God. I love and thank God for you. I look forward to spending the upcoming year immersing our minds in the textbook section of A Course in Miracles, reading and finding personal application each day.
God’s mercy, joy, and peace be yours as we welcome in the New Year, my brothers.
- This course is a beginning, not an end. Your Friend goes with you. You are not alone. No one who calls on Him can call in vain. Whatever troubles you, be certain that He has the answer, and will gladly give it to you, if you simply turn to Him and ask it of Him. He will not withhold all answers that you need for anything that seems to trouble you. He knows the way to solve all problems and resolve all doubts. His certainty is yours. You need but ask it of Him and it will be given you.
- You are as certain of arriving home as is the pathway of the sun laid down before it rises, after it has set, and in the half-lit hours in between. Indeed, your pathway is more certain still. For it can not be possible to change the course of those whom God has called to Him. Therefore obey your will, and follow Him Whom you accepted as your voice, to speak of what you really want and really need. His is the Voice for God and also yours. And thus He speaks of freedom and of truth.
- No more specific lessons are assigned, for there is no more need of them. Henceforth, hear but the Voice for God and for your Self when you retire from the world, to seek reality instead. He will direct your mind, and when to come to Him in silence, asking for His sure direction and His certain Word. His is the Word that God has given you. His is the Word you chose to be your own.
- And now I place you in His hands, to be His faithful followers, with Him as Guide through every difficulty and all pain that you may think is real. Nor will He give you pleasures that will pass away, for He gives only the eternal and the good. Let Him prepare you further. He has earned your trust by speaking daily to you of your Father and your brother and your Self. He will continue. Now you walk with Him, as certain as is He of where you go; as sure as He of how you should proceed; as confident as He is of the goal, and of your safe arrival in the end.
- The end is certain, and the means as well. To this we say “Amen.” You will be told exactly what God wills for you each time there is a choice to make. And He will speak for God and for your Self, thus making sure that hell will claim you not, and that each choice you make brings Heaven nearer to your reach. And so we walk with Him from this time on and turn to Him for guidance and for peace and sure direction. Joy attends our way. For we go homeward to an open door which God has held unclosed to welcome us.
- We trust our ways to Him and say “Amen.” In peace we will continue in His way and trust all things to Him. In confidence we wait His answers, as we ask His Will in everything we do. He loves God’s Sons, as we would love him. And He teaches us how to behold him through His eyes and love him as He does. You do not walk alone. God’s angels hover near and all about. His Love surrounds you and of this be sure; that I will never leave you comfortless.
 A Course in Miracles, Workbook for Students, Lesson 361-365. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992). p. 486.
 A Course in Miracles. Workbook for Students. Epilogue. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992). p. 487.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com