VI. The Vision of Christ
- The ego is trying to teach you how to gain the whole world and lose your own soul. The Holy Spirit teaches you that you cannot lose your soul and there is no gain in the world, for of itself it profits nothing. To invest without profit is surely to impoverish yourself, and the overhead is high. Not only is there no profit in the investment, but the cost to you is enormous. For this investment costs you the world’s reality by denying yours and gives you nothing in return. You cannot sell your soul, but you can sell your awareness of it. You cannot perceive your soul, but you will not know it while you perceive something else as more valuable.
- The Holy Spirit is your strength because He knows nothing but the spirit as you. He is perfectly aware that you do not know yourself, and perfectly aware of how to teach you to remember what you are. Because He loves you, He will gladly teach you what He loves, for He wills to share it. Remembering you always, He cannot let you forget your worth. For the Father never ceases to remind Him of His Son, and He never ceases to remind His Son of the Father. God is in your memory because of Him. You chose to forget your Father, but you do not really want to do so, and therefore you can decide otherwise. As it was my decision, so it is yours.
- You do not want the world. The only thing of value in it is whatever part of it you look upon with love. This gives it the only reality it will ever have. Its value is not in itself, but yours is in you. As self-value comes from self-extension, so does the perception of self-value come from the extension of loving thoughts outward. Make the world real unto yourself, for the real world is the gift of the Holy Spirit, and so it belongs to you.
- Correction is for all who cannot see. To open the eyes of the blind is the Holy Spirit’s mission, for He knows that they have not lost their vision, but merely sleep. He would awaken them from the sleep of forgetting to the remembering of God. Christ’s eyes are open, and He will look upon whatever you see with love if you accept His vision as yours. The Holy Spirit keeps the vision of Christ for every Son of God who sleeps. In His sight, the Son of God is perfect, and He longs to share His vision with you. He will show you the real world because God gave you Heaven. Through Him your Father calls His Son to remember. The awakening of His Son begins with his investment in the real world, and by this he will learn to re-invest in himself. For reality is one with the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit blesses the real world in Their Name.
- When you have seen this real world, as you will surely do, you will remember us. Yet you must learn the cost of sleeping and refuse to pay it. Only then will you decide to awaken. And then the real world will spring to your sight, for Christ has never slept. He is waiting to be seen, for He has never lost sight of you. He looks quietly on the real world, which He would share with you because He knows of the Father’s love for Him. And knowing this, He would give you what is yours. In perfect peace He waits for you at His Father’s altar, holding out the Father’s love to you in the quiet light of the Holy Spirit’s blessing. For the Holy Spirit will lead everyone home to His Father, where Christ waits as His Self.
- Every child of God is one in Christ, for his being is in Christ as Christ’s is in God. Christ’s love for you is His love for His Father, which He knows because He knows His Father’s love for Him. When the Holy Spirit has at last led you to Christ at the altar to His Father, perception fuses into knowledge because perception has become so holy that its transfer to holiness is merely its natural extension. Love transfers to love without any interference, for the two are one. As you perceive more and more common elements in all situations, the transfer of training under the Holy Spirit’s guidance increases and becomes generalized. Gradually you learn to apply it to everyone and everything, for its applicability is universal. When this has been accomplished, perception and knowledge have become so similar that they share the unification of God.
- What is one cannot be perceived as separate, and the denial of the separation is the reinstatement of knowledge. At the altar of God, the holy perception of God’s Son becomes so enlightened that light streams into it, and the spirit of God’s Son shines in the mind of the Father and becomes one with it. Very gently does God shine upon Himself, loving the extension of Himself that is His Son. The world has no purpose as it blends into the Purpose of God. For the real world has slipped quietly into heaven, where everything eternal in it has always been. There the Redeemer and the redeemed join in perfect love of God and of each other. Heaven is your home and being in God it must also be in you. 
A few years ago I had a dream about the Second Coming of Christ. I was sitting out on the patio with my son and grandson chatting and sipping at a cold drink. When I looked to the east, I saw a glowing saucer in the sky, shining bright and golden. I started to rise up in the sky and float toward this apparition. It was so blissful and exciting. I was so happy that Jesus chose me to go up in the rapture. Then I realized that my son and grandson were not floating along with me. I looked back and there they were standing on the edge of the patio watching me, reaching for me. It was heartbreaking. There was no way I could leave them behind. And so I turned back.
Waking from the dream, relieved that I had not been heartless enough to fly away with Jesus without them – it struck me that Christ would never take me away to a wonderful place to be with Him forever and let my beloved ones behind. It would not be heaven without them. It was not a matter of putting them in front of Christ, it was a matter of accepting that if my soul was worthy so was their soul, and if their soul was worthy, so was everyone else’s soul!
And this is the Vision of Christ. Christ makes the decision for all of us. He decides because He is the only Son in his right mind. The rest of us have lost our way, we forgot who we are, and where we belong, and Christ simply remembers for us. There are no hard choices. There are no pressures or worries or cares. We do not have to take the burden of the world upon our shoulders. Jesus came here and assessed the situation for what it was and saved us. End of story.
In your personal devotions today read over the text and ask Holy Spirit to awaken the Vision of Christ in you. When we invest our loving thoughts into the perceptual world, we begin to see the transformative power of God all around us. The world becomes illuminated by the light of God as we see one another as Christ sees us.
Do not let the world deceive you or you will think of God’s beautiful plan of salvation as a sentence, as a burden, as a plight or a blight. This is not complicated nor should it be difficult to understand. Christ is my Redeemer and Christ is your Redeemer. In the Mind of Christ we are joined in love for each other and for God. Heaven is our home, and being in God, His Kingdom must also be in each one of us for God is in us.
 A Course in Miracles. Chapter 12 The Holy Spirit’s curriculum. VI The Vision of Christ. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com