1. When you come to the place where the branch in the road is quite apparent, you cannot go ahead. You must go either one way or the other. For now, if you go straight ahead, the way you went before you reached the branch, you will go nowhere. The whole purpose of coming this far was to decide which branch you will take now. The way you came no longer matters. It can no longer serve. No one who reaches this far can make the wrong decision, although he can delay. And there is no part of the journey this seems more hopeless and futile than standing where the road branches, and not deciding on which way to go.
2. It is but the first few steps along the right way that seem hard, for you have chosen, although you still may think you can go back and make the other choice. This is not so. A choice made with the power of heaven to uphold it cannot be undone. Your way is decided. There will be nothing you will not be told, if you acknowledge this.
3. And so you and your brother stand, here in this holy place, before the veil of sin that hangs between you and the face of Christ. Let it be lifted! Raise it together with your brother, for it is but a veil that stands between you. Either you or your brother alone will see it as a solid block, nor realize how thin the drapery that separates you now. Yet it is almost over in your awareness, and peace has reached you even here, before the veil. Think what will happen after. The Love of Christ will light your face, and shine from it into a darkened world that needs the light. And from this holy place He will return with you, not leaving it nor you. You will become His messenger, returning Him onto Himself.
4. Think of the loveliness that you will see, who walk with him! And think how beautiful will you and your brother look to the other! How happy you will be to be together, after such a long and lonely journey where you walked alone. The gates of heaven, open now for you, will you now open to the sorrowful. And none who looks upon the Christ in you but will rejoice. How beautiful the sight you saw beyond the veil, which you will bring to light the tired eyes of those as weary now as once you were. How thankful will they be to see you come among them, offering Christ’s forgiveness to dispel their faith in sin.
5. Every mistake you and your brother make, the other will gently have corrected. For in his sight your loveliness is his salvation, which he would protect from harm. And you will be your brother’s strong protector from everything that seems to rise between you both. So shall you walk the world with me, whose message has not yet been given everyone. For you are here to let it be received. God’s offer still is open, yet it awaits acceptance. From you who have accepted it, it is received. Into your hand, joined with your brother’s, it is safely given, for you who share it have become its willing guardian and protector.
6. To all who share the Love of God the grace is given to be the givers of what they have received. And so they learn that it is theirs forever. All barriers disappear before their coming, as every obstacle was finally surmounted that seemed to rise and block their way before. This veil you and your brother lift together opens the way to truth to more than you. Those who would let illusions be lifted from their minds are this world’s saviors, walking the world with their Redeemer, and carrying His message of hope and freedom and release from suffering to everyone who needs a miracle to save him.
7. How easy is it to offer this miracle to everyone! No one who has received it for himself could find it difficult. For by receiving it, he learned it was not given him alone. Such is the function of a holy relationship; to receive together and give as you received. Standing before the veil, is still seems difficult. But hold out your hand, joined with your brother’s, and touch this heavy seeming block, and you will learn how easily your fingers slip through its nothingness. It is no solid wall. And only an illusion stands between you and your brother, and the holy Self you share together.
We have come to the branch in the road. We have already made the decision for the decision was made in our consciousness before we even started this journey. To reach the branch is our indication that there is no turning back for all of Heaven is calling to us, the holy relationship between you and me has lifted the veil of sin and shame, sacrifice and sorrow and revealed the world for the illusion it is. Our Sonship has been revealed to us; our Identities in Christ restored.
Christ promises us that nothing will be withheld from us. We will be told everything we need to know. This is our promise for reaching the branch – there is really only one branch, and it leads only one way, to life everlasting. To stay put or to walk straight ahead leads nowhere and we have been in nowhere long enough – suffering the lack of reason, the madness, the downright insipidity.
When we share the Love of God, we receive the Love of God, just as when we teach the Love of God, we learn the Love of God. There is nothing at all difficult or demanding about this message – it is a message that every living thing yearns to remember, longs to hear, an answer to every question, an ancient song that cannot be sung alone. For only in our holy relationships can God’s Love be awakened in the world, and returned to Heaven, completing the Sonship and restoring our freedom and liberty forever.
 A Course in Miracles. Chapter 22 Salvation and the holy relationship. VI The branching of the road. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com