11. What is the Will of God? He wills His Son have everything. And this He guaranteed when He created him as everything. It is impossible that anything be lost if what you have is what you are. This is a miracle by which creation became your function, sharing it with God. It is not understood apart from Him, and therefore has no meaning in this world. Here does the Son of God ask not too much, but far too little. He would sacrifice his own identity with everything, to find a little treasure of his own. And this he cannot do without a sense of isolation, loss, and loneliness. This is the treasure he has sought to find. And he could only be afraid of it. Is fear a treasure? Can uncertainty be what you want? Or is it a mistake about your will, and what you really are?
12. Let us consider what the error is, so it can be corrected, not protected. Sin is belief attack can be projected outside the mind where the belief arose. Here is the firm conviction that ideas can leave their source made real and meaningful. And from this error does the world of sin and sacrifice arise. This world is an attempt to prove your innocence, while cherishing attack. Its failure lies in that you still feel guilty, though without understanding why. Effects are seen as separate from their source and seem to be beyond you to control or to prevent. What is thus kept apart can never join.
13. Cause and effect are one, not separate. God wills you learn what always has been true: that He created you as part of Him, and this must still be true because ideas leave not their source. Such is creation’s law; that each idea the mind conceives but adds to its abundance, never takes away. This is as true of what is idly wished as what is truly willed because the mind can wish to be deceived but cannot make it be what it is not. And to believe ideas can leave their source is to invite illusions to be true, without success. For never will success be possible in trying to deceive the Son of God.
14. The miracle is possible when cause and consequences are brought together, not kept separate. The healing of effect without the cause can merely shift effects to other forms. And this is not release. God’s Son could never be content with less than full salvation and escape from guilt. For otherwise he still demands that he must make some sacrifice, and thus denies that everything is his, unlimited by loss of any kind. A tiny sacrifice is just the same in its effects as is the whole idea of sacrifice. If loss in any form is possible, then is God’s Son made incomplete and not himself. Nor will he know himself, nor recognize his will. He has forsworn his Father and himself and made them both his enemies in hate.
15. Illusions serve the purpose they were made to serve. And from their purpose they derive whatever meaning that they seem to have. God gave to all illusions that were made another purpose that would justify a miracle whatever form they took. In every miracle all healing lies, for God gave answer to them all as one. And what is one to him must be the same. If you believe what is the same is different you but deceive yourself. What God calls one will be forever one, not separate. His Kingdom is united; thus it was created, and thus will it ever be.
16. The miracle but calls your ancient name, which you will recognize because the truth is in your memory. And to this name your brother calls for his release and yours. Heaven is shining on the Son of God. Deny him not, that you may be released. Each instant is the Son of God reborn until he chooses not to die again, in every wish to hurt he chooses death instead of what his Father wills for him. Yet every instant offers life to him because his Father wills he should live.
17. In crucifixion is redemption laid, for healing is not needed where there is no pain or suffering. Forgiveness is the answer to attack of any kind. So is attack deprived of its effects, and hate is answered in the name of love. To you to whom it has been given to save the Son of God from crucifixion and from hell and death, all glory be forever. For you have power to save the Son of God because His Father willed it be so. And in your hands does all salvation lie, to be both offered and received as one.
18. To use the power God has given you as He would have it used is natural. It is not arrogant to be as He created you, nor to make use of what He gave to answer all His Son’s mistakes and set him free. But it is arrogant to lay aside the power that He gave and choose a little senseless wish instead of what He wills. The gift of God to you is limitless. There is no circumstance it cannot answer, and no problem which is not resolved within its gracious light.
19. Abide in peace where God would have you be. And be the means whereby your brother finds the peace in which your wishes are fulfilled. Let us unite in bringing blessing to the world of sin and death. For what can save each one of us can save us all. There is no difference among the Sons of God. The unity that specialness denies will save them all, for what is one can have no specialness. And everything belongs to each of them. No wishes lie between a brother and his own. To get from one is to deprive them all. And yet to bless but one gives blessing to them all as one.
20. Your ancient name belongs to everyone, as theirs to you. Call on your brother’s name and God will answer, for on Him you call. Could He refuse to answer when He has already answered all who call on Him? A miracle can make no change at all. But it can make what always has been true be recognized by those who know it not; and by this little gift of truth but let to be itself, the Son of God allowed to be himself, and all creation freed to call upon the Name of God as one.
Christhood calls us to abide in peace. Our brothers find their peace in the peace we extend to them. I cannot do this without you, and you cannot do this without me, but when we unite we answer every sorrow with joy, every curse with blessing, every sin with correction, and every murder with life. What saves you, saves me. For you live for me and I live for you and when we bless each other or we curse each other, we bring our wish upon all.
Our name is ancient, but it is not legion. It is one with God and with all. In reality, a miracle makes no change at all except to make our inseparability real to us once more. Reality has never changed, but those who dream and who are seduced by the world of opposites and opposition, of the spaces and the outlines between all that is, of thoughts of sin and separateness – need a miracle, an awakening, a little gift of truth. We are the Christ, the Son of God. Not many, but one. Not warring splinters encased in flesh, blood, and bones, vying for special treatment and consideration, but one peaceful, joyful entity calling upon the Father as Son.
In your personal devotional practice, ask Holy Spirit to make this real to you so that you can put these laws of healing to work in your life and in the life of those you love. Pray for oneness and unity. Refuse to join in attacks of any kind, no matter how justified these attacks may seem to your ego’s perception. Recognize that without accepting Christhood, we arrogantly attempt to find meaning in what has no meaning. We build walls that keep us apart instead of bringing us together. We spend our lives in pursuit of a past that never was except in our imagination, piecing together scraps of perception, which cannot by their very nature give us the complete picture. For the past only reveals to us what did not work to set us free. It serves as an example of what not to do if we want to have and be joy, peace, and love – forever.
Do not allow the lower mind of the world to deceive you into thinking that these ideas are too idealistic and lofty, childish in their hope and belief in a reality that transcends the world of opposition and opposites. Reach for the High Mind of Christ, ask for truth and if you must look at the past, look at it with the objective of recognizing (and forgiving) its fruitless futility and using it to teach us, by contrast, what is right, true, and correct. For there is only one truth and one reality and we all share it – whatever that may be.
 A Course in Miracles. Chapter 26 The transition. VII. The laws of healing. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com