1. There is a place in you where this whole world is forgotten, where no memory of sin and of illusion lingers still. There is a place in you which time has left, and echoes of eternity are heard. There is a resting place so still no sound except a hymn to Heaven rises up to gladden God the Father and the Son. Where Both abide are They remembered, Both. And where They are is Heaven and is peace.
2. Think not that you can change Their dwelling place. For your Identity abides in Them and where They are forever must you be. The changelessness of Heaven is in you, so deep within that nothing in this world but passes by, unnoticed and unseen. The still infinity of endless peace surrounds you gently in its soft embrace, so strong and quiet, tranquil in the might of its Creator, nothing can intrude upon the sacred Son of God within.
3. Here is the role the Holy Spirit gives to you who wait upon the Son of God and would behold him waken and be glad. He is a part of you and you of him, because he is his Father’s Son, and not for any purpose you may see in him. Nothing is asked of you but to accept the changeless and eternal that abide in him, for your Identity is there. The peace in you can but be found in him. And every thought of love you offer him but brings you nearer to your wakening to peace eternal and to endless joy.
4. This sacred Son of God is like yourself; the mirror of his Father’s Love for you, the soft reminder of his Father’s Love for which he was created, and which still abides in him as it abides in you. Be very still and hear God’s Voice in him, and let It tell you what his function is. He was created that you might be whole for only the complete can be a part of God’s completion, which created you.
5. There is no gift the Father asks of you but that you see in all creation but the shining glory of His gift to you. Behold His Son, His perfect gift, in whom his Father shines forever, and to whom is all creation given as his own. Because he has it is it given you, and where it lies in him behold your peace. The quiet that surrounds you dwells in him, and from this quiet come the happy dreams in which your hands are joined in innocence. These are not hands that grasp in dreams of pain. They hold no sword for they have left their hold on every vain illusion of the world. And being empty they receive, instead, a brother’s hand in which completion lies.
6. If you but knew the glorious goal that lies beyond forgiveness, you would not keep hold on any thought, however light the touch of evil on it may appear to be. For you would understand how great the cost of holding anything God did not give in minds that can direct the hand to bless and lead God’s Son onto his Father’s house. Would you not want to be a friend to him, created by his Father as His home? If God esteems him worthy of Himself, would you attack him with the hands of hate? Who would lay bloody hands on Heaven itself and hope to find its peace? Your brother thinks he holds the hands of death. Believe him not. But learn, instead, how blessed are you who can release him, just by offering him yours.
7. A dream is given you in which he is your savior, not your enemy in hate. A dream is given you in which you have forgiven him for all his dreams of death; a dream of hope you share with him, instead of dreaming evil separate dreams of hate. Why does it seem so hard to share this dream? Because unless the Holy Spirit gives the dream its function, it was made for hate, and will continue in death’s services. Each form it takes in some way calls for death. And those who serve the lord of death have come to worship in a separate world, each with his tiny spear and rusted sword, to keep his ancient promises to die.
8. Such is the core of fear in every dream that has been kept apart from use by Him Who sees a different function for a dream. When dreams are shared they lose the function of attack and separation, even though it was for this that every dream was made. Yet nothing in the world of dreams remains without the hope of change and betterment, for here is not where changelessness is found. Let us be glad indeed that this is so and seek not the eternal in this world. Forgiving dreams are means to step aside from dreaming of a world outside yourself. And leading finally beyond all dreams, unto the peace of everlasting life. 
In our daily practice we come to the changeless dwelling place within. We take time out of our day to go beyond time and place, the many roles we play in this realm, the demands which we take upon ourselves, and go to the resting place where we remember God the Father and the Son. This is a beautiful way in which to describe our devotional practice, our spiritual habit. It is the place where we find our sacred and holy Self apart from the illusional selves we make in the world of ego, flesh, and neediness.
There is nothing we can do in the flesh or otherwise to change the peaceful place of God within us. This is the place where nothing can disturb us, the world passes by without our intervention and support, without our seeking to change it in any way, to look for but never find the peace, love, and joy that can be found only in the Kingdom within. Here in this place, the world cannot touch us with its judgments against us, its condemnation, accusations, and false claims upon us. Here in Christ, in our Holiness, Divinity, and Sonship we fulfill none of the roles assigned to us in the world – I am not your mother, sister, aunt, or coworker. I am not a minister, a teacher, a wife, or friend. I am as Christ to you as you are to me. For in the Holy Place within us we have no body, no hungers, no yearnings, no needs of any kind for we have everything in Him. In this Holy Place we step out of the dream of fear into the Reality of God’s Kingdom.
As we come to know God and His Kingdom, as we come to know God and His Son, we wait upon the Son of God. We wait for one another to come to accept the Sonship, to awaken from the dream even as we seek our own awakening. We do not rudely shake each other awake and scream into each other’s ears with dire warnings of doom and gloom. We wait gently and kindly for the Sonship to awaken in their own time and in their own way. We are part of the Son, and He is part of us – and we do not assign any other purpose to the Son. You are not my sister or my friend – you are part of me and the whole of God’s Son. My Identity, my lovely, holy Self can only be found in you, God’s Kingdom within me, can only be mine when I see God’s Kingdom within you. When we learn this, accept this, and practice this – healing, restoration, and salvation comes – for every thought of love I offer you brings me closer to that place within.
In our daily practice then, we learn through application that as we choose to see the Savior in each other, our dreams are made happy, pure, and good just as when we choose to see otherwise in each other, when we choose to dig about in the past and bring up grievances, failures, and grudges our dreams are made sad, angry, and depressing. It is through our practice that we learn to choose to see in all of Creation the shining glory of God’s gift to us. When I look at you, I decide for Holiness. I see God’s Son, His perfect shining eternal gift to me, a magnificent Being of light, love, and laughter. In you is all of Creation made manifest. In you I find my joy and peace.
This is the gift we bring to God – that we behold His Son in each other. This is where we find the happiness that will sustain us through the dreams of despair and death that seem to surround us in the realm of separateness and sin. You cannot know your holiness until I see it within you just as I cannot know my holiness without you seeing it in me. In this dream of healing, we walk hand in hand to God, finding our wholeness in each other. In the dream that heals us, we find the way to our eternal Home, to the glorious goal that lies beyond forgiveness. In our healing dreams, we learn to give up every thought that has the slightest hint of ill will in it.
This realm was made as a place to practice attack and separation, to make a world that opposed the truth of God, to make an opposite to love and peace and joy. Opposing truth, the world we know can not be real, and so we do not seek for truth outside the Holy Place within us. We do not make war upon the outer world for it is but a dream. I am not going to blame you for your role in it, nor accept your blame for mine! From the Changeless Dwelling Place within we point no fingers of accusation; we do not engage in cynicism and despair. From the Changeless Dwelling Place within I seek out your beauty, love, and light! Our dreams will thus involve a lot of forgiveness and overlooking. It may seem like work, but it is only hard when we try to do this with the ego as our friend. Letting go of ego, Holy Spirit gives us miracles – for forgiving dreams are healing dreams, our salvation until the Sonship no longer opposes the Truth of God and His Creation.
A Course in Miracles. Chapter 29 The awakening v the changeless dwelling place. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com