1. Do you not understand that to oppose the Holy Spirit is to oppose yourself? He tells you but your will; He speaks for you. In His Divinity is but your own. And all He knows is but your knowledge, saved for you that you may do your will through Him. God asks you do your will. He joins with you. He did not set His Kingdom up alone. And Heaven itself but represents your will, where everything created is for you. No spark of life but was created with your glad consent, as you would have it be. And not one Thought that God as ever had but waited for your blessing to be born. God is no enemy to you. He asks no more than that He hear you call Him “Friend.”
2. How wonderful it is to do your will. For that is freedom. There is nothing else that ever should be called by freedom’s name. Unless you do your will you are not free. And would God leave His Son without what he has chosen for himself? God but ensured that you would never lose your will when He gave you His perfect Answer. Hear It now, that you may be reminded of His Love and learn your will. God would not have His Son made prisoner to what he does not want. He joins with you in willing you be free. And to oppose Him is to make a choice against yourself and choose that you be bound.
3. Look once again upon your enemy, the one you chose to hate instead of love. For thus was hatred born into the world, and thus the rule of fear established there. Now hear God speak to you, through Him Who is His Voice and yours as well, reminding you that it is not your will to hate and be a prisoner to fear, a slave to death, a little creature with a little life. Your will is boundless; it is not your will that it be bound. What lies in you has joined with God Himself in all creation’s birth. Remember Him Who has created you, and through your will created everything. Not one created thing but gives you thanks, for it is by your will that it was born. No light of Heaven shines except for you, for it was set in Heaven by your will.
4. What cause have you for anger in a world that merely waits your blessing to be free? If you be prisoner, then God Himself could not be free. For what is done to him whom God so loves is done to God Himself. Think not He wills to bind you. Who has made you co-creator of the universe along with Him. He would but keep your will forever and forever limitless. This world awaits the freedom you will give when you have recognized that you are free. But you will not forgive the world until you have forgiven Him Who gave your will to you. For it is by your will the world is given freedom. Nor can you be free apart from Him Whose holy Will you share.
5. God turns to you to ask the world be saved, for by your own salvation is it healed. And no one walks upon the earth but must depend on your decision, that he learn death has no power over him, because he shares your freedom as he shares your will. It is your will to heal him, and because you have decided with him, he is healed. And now is God forgiven, for you chose to look upon your brother as a friend. 
To oppose the quiet call for God within is to oppose our true and holy Self, for we are created in holiness, and we are created in Spirit, and we are Holy, and we are Spirit. To oppose Holy Spirit then is to oppose our divine Selves and our divine knowledge and our divine love, peace, and everlasting joy. God is not at a distance from us, holding us away from Him, keeping us at bay. He is our Father and our Friend and what He does He does for us and with us and because of us. When our consciousness expands past the traditional teachings of the fearful, angry, temperamental God and we come to know God as Father and Friend, we lose our fear of Him, we lose all our false images of Him, and we love Him with the love of sons for their fathers without any of the human perversions that would interfere and subvert that love and sense of gratitude and awe.
And so we should never make fun of our holiness or be ashamed of our holiness in the dream and otherwise, we should never confound others by making fun of their attempts to understand and enlighten themselves, for when we seek truth and holiness we are seeking life, freedom, and liberty. We may get it wrong, but we are seeking in the right direction. When we seek for Truth, we are seeking freedom from the chemicals, drives, and bondage to flesh and blood and the devices that would make of us sad, little stooges upon the alter-self’s stage. For we recognize that this cannot be our true identity – this little self that struts and swears, that lifts itself up above others, that preys upon creation, that gossips and makes up stories, that sneers and judges and is only kind and good in spots, here and there. We are reaching for divinity, for that Which is holy through and through; the Self whose goodness is not canceled out by that which would oppose it and make of it a void.
While it takes devotion to remember our true and holy Being, our Holiness is there, It never left us, It is God’s perfect Answer there at the core of our Being whether we dream or awaken, for our Holiness is with us no matter where we find ourselves. It does not take A Course in Miracles to hear God’s Voice within. It does not take reading your bible or any other holy text. We find our true Being when we go within and hear God’s Love for all, hear the Voice for God calling to us to free ourselves from enslavement to the whims of flesh and to return to our will, the Will of God, Who is Freedom and Liberty and the Expansiveness of All.
It is not our will that we are little and afraid, vulnerable and sad, making enmity between ourselves. Nor is it our will that we look upon one another with fear and loathing. Our will is God’s Will, without borders and boundaries. Who and What we are is joined with God in Creation, all that came into being was because of God’s Love and Will to please us, to give to us what is awesome and majestic, to give to us all that would fill our minds with joy and gratitude to Him, the All in All.
As we remember our true state of Being, there is absolutely no reason for us to be angry or depressed about the state of the world. It is not worthy of us to slam the table in our rage over the politics, greed, and injustice that is designed to steal our joy and whet our appetites for hatred and division. We are not here to fix the world, put a bandage on the world, and let it limp along forever in a hellish realm of opposites and opposition. Nor are we trapped here against our will, awaiting the Second Coming so we can fly away with Jesus and let the world burn. We are here to bless the world and set it free.
We set the world free by recognizing our own freedom in Him Who never bound us, Who never abandoned us, Who gave His Will to us. It is by This Will that the world is saved, that the world gives up its opposites and opposition, that the world is given freedom from the ill will that has tried to steal Its place in our hearts and minds.
We cannot do this on our own for we are not our own! And to believe that we are, destines us for depression for no matter how hard we try to attain our godhood with our ego devices, with our flesh and blood, with our human strivings for justice and the ideals of righteousness, they are empty of all meaning without the One who Is all Meaning and all Truth.
If you must forgive God for this, then forgive Him His sovereignty. Forgive Him your dream of opposites and opposition, forgive Him His established Will that will never make you special and of different worth and value than the rest of all Creation. Forgive Him your dream of death and doom.
It is up to you and me to save the world for the world cannot be saved without us. Nothing and no one are ever abandoned or past the Love of God. Death has no power over Life, for God and His Son are Life and They, together, give Life. There are no opposites or opposition to what Is and Always Was. To come to this truth, is to begin awakening from the elaborate deception that would stand in its place, countering its Truth.
Today take the time necessary to go over this text, asking Holy Spirit to bring it to life in your mind. Forgive God for all the ways in which you feel He fails you in your dreams of death and sorrow. Forgive God for all the loved ones who have abandoned you, disappointed you, or otherwise fill your heart with grief and regret. When we forgive God for all that we see so easily correctable by a powerful Being, we realize how small and insignificant we are to demand from God to fix our little lives, our little dreams, our little pet peeves and different forms of enmity. How easily we break our little dream vows and promises to Him for who are we to make such guarantees in our fleshiness and chanciness and all the things that constantly go wrong?
When we forgive each other our small little lives, we forgive God for being so big and strong and not making us the superheroes we would want to be without Him. We forgive Him for not joining in our nightmare world and fixing all the things that go wrong within it. We forgive Him the crucifixion of His Son on the cross. This is not His dream for God exists in Reality; God enjoys His Being in Truth, in Love, in Life, in Joy, and Peace. There are no opposites in which to go to battle in the Kingdom of His Love. And so we forgive Him for not making our enemy fall over dead in his tracks when he attacks us, and instead we make of our enemy our friend. We join with him in our holy minds and realize that he is worthy as we are worthy. We realize that if we would make him unworthy, then we would be unworthy ourselves. This is the way to God’s Kingdom. This is the wise use of time – we use it to heal our brother and to awaken the Sonship within. This is our will free from deception and deceit, free from fear, and free to join with God and accept our divinity as Christ, His Son.
 A Course in Miracles. Chapter 30 The new beginning II. freedom of will. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons, visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com.