1. You see the flesh or recognize the spirit. There is no compromise between the two. If one is real the other must be false, for what is real denies its opposite. There is no choice in vision but this one. What you decide in this determines all you see and think is real and hold as true. On this one choice does all your world depend, for here have you established what you are, as flesh or spirit in your own belief. If you choose flesh, you never will escape the body as your own reality, for you have chosen that you want it so. But choose the spirit and all Heaven bends to touch your eyes and bless your holy sight, that you may see the world of flesh no more except to heal and comfort and to bless.
2. Salvation is undoing. If you choose to see the body, you behold a world of separation, unrelated things, and happenings that make no sense at all. This one appears and disappears in death; that one is doomed to suffering and loss. And no one is exactly as he was an instant previous, nor will he be the same as he is now an instant hence. Who could have trust where so much change is seen, for who is worthy if he be but dust? Salvation is undoing of all this. For constancy arises in the sight of those whose eyes salvation has released from looking at the cost of keeping guilt, because they chose to let it go instead.
3. Salvation does not ask that you behold the spirit and perceive the body not. It merely asks that this should be your choice. For you can see the body without help, but do not understand how to behold a world apart from it. It is your world salvation will undo, and let you see another world your eyes could never find. Be not concerned how this could ever be. You do not understand how what you see arose to meet your sight. For if you did, it would be gone. The veil of ignorance is drawn across the evil and the good, and must be passed that both may disappear, so that perception finds no hiding place. How is this done? It is not done at all. What could there be within the universe that God created that must still be done?
4. Only in arrogance could you conceive that you must make the way to Heaven plain. The means are given you by which to see the world that will replace the one you made. Your will be done! In Heaven as on earth this is forever true. It matters not where you believe you are, nor what you think the truth about yourself must really be. It makes no difference what you look upon, nor what you choose to feel or think or wish. For God Himself has said, “Your will be done.” And it is done to you accordingly.
5. You who believe that you can choose to see the Son of God as you would have him be, forget not that no concept of yourself will stand against the truth of what you are. Undoing truth would be impossible. But concepts are not difficult to change. One vision, clearly seen, that does not fit the picture as it was perceived before will change the world for eyes that learn to see, because the concept of the self has changed.
6. Are you invulnerable? Then the world is harmless in your sight. Do you forgive? Then is the world forgiving, for you have forgiven it its trespasses, and so it looks on you with eyes that see as yours. Are you a body? So is all the world perceived as treacherous and out to kill. Are you a spirit, deathless, and without the promise of corruption and the stain of sin upon you? So the world is seen as stable, fully worthy of your trust; a happy place to rest in for awhile, where nothing need be feared, but only loved. Who is unwelcome to the kind in heart? And what could hurt the truly innocent?
7. Your will be done, you holy child of God. It does not matter if you think you are in earth or Heaven. What your Father wills of you can never change. The truth in you remains as radiant as a star, pure as light, as innocent as love itself. And you are worthy that your will be done! 
When we look out into the world with our physical eyes we see only change. Nothing stays the same! From one moment to the next things happen. First you smile upon me and then you frown. You say something nice, and I think one thing, and then you make a cutting remark and my entire perception of you changes. We learn to exist in this place by staying alert, being wary of not only the stranger, but the acquaintance, and our beloved friends and family members. We work awfully hard to keep the peace, be hospitable, overlook bad manners and lack of appreciation and then admit defeat, wondering how we could have been so stupid to try so hard when nobody else would lift a finger. This is what happens in the perceptual world. It is not only in my circles but in your circles. It is the story of this world. This world is not God’s Kingdom; it is that which opposes God’s Kingdom. It is a place of change and then change again and cycles of one thing and then its opposite. It is the place where grudges are stored and remembered and never forgiven. It is a place where all kinds of things can happen that never happened and you can be held accountable for what you never did or said or even dreamed of doing. It is a place where vaults are kept with fictional records of wrongdoing; lies are cherished more than truth; separation and division rather than wholeness and unity. It is a place that values punishment over correction, the silent treatment over honest communication, a fascination with disease and sickness over healing and health.
Salvation undoes the realm of opposites. Salvation is the choice for certainty and constancy; salvation is the letting go of all that would make guilty and ashamed. Salvation does not ask us to not see with our flesh eyes, it simply asks that we choose to recognize the Spirit. We do not need help in the flesh to see the flesh world, but we do need help to see the other world which lies beyond.
We are not to concern ourselves with the mechanics of how this works. We cannot fathom it at this state of consciousness for a veil of ignorance is drawn across the world of opposites. As we come to this veil of ignorance we find that we have few words to describe our spiritual insights, our dimmed wits can barely grasp that there is a world beyond the world of perception, we have to reach and stretch for the things of the Spirit for they seem supernatural to us rather than the natural, God-given state of Being in which we were created.
Many times in the Course commentary I feel that I must make what is apparent to me plain to those who read my blog. When I find myself agonizing over my failures to get my points across, this is arrogance on my part. The means are given to each one of us to see the world beyond the one we made. God’s Love would not abandon you to rely on my insights and commentary alone. And we should only be thankful for this. For God has placed Himself inside of each of us and it is God within which brings us back to Him – you inform me, and I inform you – for our completeness and wholeness in Spirit and in Truth.
It is our choice to stay asleep or to awaken. Try to make the Son of God over your own image, you stay asleep in dreams of change, doubt, and death because no concept of yourself will stand against the truth of who and what you are. Truth cannot be undone, but concepts can. Changing your self-concept to one of holiness and Spirit changes not only your life, but the world you now see. For in Sonship we are invulnerable, and the world is therefore harmless in our sight. In Christ we forgive, and the world is forgiving.
When we no longer identify with division, decay, and death, the world becomes stable, trustworthy, a restful, happy place, a place of love and not of fear. We have no enemies, we encounter no bullies, our path is clear, our mind is pure, our thoughts toward each other are ones of innocence and goodwill. This is the will of Sonship, and the will of Sonship is done. There is no bickering or scheming, no conniving or striving to get there first or to win more favor. There is no bragging and putting ourselves out there as some sort of guru or expert or Thee Enlightened One. We simply accept the Will of God as His Son and know that what is true about us can never change.
The truth about you and me is within us. Radiant. Pure. Innocent as Love Itself. Today recognize the Spirit in contrast with the flesh and do not be afraid to let it shine. This is our natural state of Being. We are worthy and this is our will for it is the Will of God.
A Course in Miracles. Chapter 31 The final vision vi. recognizing the spirit. Foundation for Inner Peace, Second Edition (1992).
For daily 2021 Workbook lessons visit www.i-choose-love.com courtesy of Linda R.
Audio credit: www.eckiefriar.com